I couldn’t resist sharing this NY Times piece on the recent release of the draft of Common Standards. While it seems the ideaof national standards has been accepted (48 states have signed on), the execution of such standards fuels great debate. No surprise. I highly recommend this running commentary by national thought leaders on the topic. Featured leaders are:
- Michael Goldstein, charter school founder
- Margaret Crocco and Anand Marri, Teachers College
- Sandra Stotsky, professor of education reform
- Robert S. Siegler, professor of cognitive psychology
- Neal P. McCluskey, Cato Institute
- Ernest Morrell, professor of urban schooling
As the piece features many perspectives, there’s no question, it’s an interesting debate.