I couldn’t resist sharing this blog post describing the lesson, “Write a Six-Word Autobiography”. It’s brilliant. Students are challenged to write an autobiography using only six words. I highly recommend checking out the post. The teacher describes the origin of the lesson idea and offers ideas on how to implement. Here are the examples the teacher shares (figured this would pique your interest):
- Converse in a crowd of stilettos.
- Oldest of six, I’m moving out.
- Jewish father. Christian mother. Atheist. Surprised?
- Fell far from the family tree.
- Went looking for love. Found feminism.
- Perpetually refusing to walk the line.
What would your six-word autobiography be?