In just under a month the IAAK Principals & Educational Technology Conference will take place at the Hawaii Convention Center from 8:00 am to 3:00 pm. I’ve highlighted some of the sessions here… for more information on the conference, click here.
Resources for the Classroom:
- You don’t want to miss learning about a new resource to be used on the IWB – Channel One News InterActiv, created in partnership with Channel One and CBS News, offers students in grades 3-12 daily high-quality broadcasts featuring current, real-world content. The program offers teachers a simple and engaging way to integrate authentic experiences while modeling the effective use of IWBs.
- As the Common Core State Standards continue to shape teaching and learning in the classroom, teachers will need to increase the complexity of text and integrate more non-fiction text. MyOn Reader is a great web-based resource which not only provides access to thousands of eBooks but also includes embedded assessments to measure and track students’ Lexile levels. This session will focus on how several Hawaii schools are using the resource to promote reading.
- It seems the buzz these days is all about “learning across platforms”. If this concept is buzzing in your brain, you probably want to attend the session focusing on how PBS Kids is engaging students across platforms through its characters and content.
Common Core State Standards:
We’ve spent a good part of the school year working with Kevin Baird of the Common Core Institute and several Honolulu schools, focusing on unraveling the Common Core Standards. In this keynote session, Kevin will discuss the ways educational technology tools and resources can and should be used to support the implementation of the Common Core. Drawing from his diverse experiences in education, Kevin does an excellent job highlighting priorities and sharing practical strategies with high impact.
There’s always exciting news and practices to share with regards to Promethean.
- Ensuring 100% response rate in the classroom just got easier! Hear about Promethean’s latest development – BYOD (bring your own device) for collecting responses.
- There is so much to learn from our friends at Variety School. Hear and see how teachers and students at the school are leveraging the capabilities of the ActivBoard to enhance teaching and learning for students with special needs. You will be impressed!
Join on October 19th – we’d love to see you there.